Saturday, August 8, 2009

biRtHdAy wEeKenD!!!

Nate and I went to Utah this past weekend to celebrate our birthdays since they're only a week apart (mine's on July 31, his is on Aug 6). We had a lot of great adventures:

July 31: * I am officially 23!!!
*Went to Raging Waters with Alex and Cori (my brother and sister)
*Ate delicious steak dinner made by dad
*Visited with Spencer & Jodi Staples (Nate's old mission companion) and watched
Spencer defeat the odds in Yahtzee (3 yahtzees in 1 game!!! outrageous!!!)

August 1: *Mom & Dad told us they want to help buy us a car for graduations and birthdays!!!
* Went to Provo and visited Kat
*Enjoyed a couple hours on a Barnes & Noble date (we pick out a bunch of books, find
some comfy chairs and read!)
* Went to a baby shower and saw some old friends I hadn't seen since I was 13
* Went to Cheesecake Factory to get some DELICIOUS cheesecakes! I <3 that place!
*Played games with family (highlite was when Alex got mad and threw a fork @ Cori)

August 2: *Helped mom & dad wrestle Primary kids
*Had dinner with Grandmas and Uncle Roger & Aunt Rachel
*Jon & Sarah Bitter came over and we played games into the night! What fun
reuniting with old friends : )

August 3: *Washed the Jeep for the first time since the winter
* Went to Lehi to see our friends Rick & Leah and their cutiepie Keira
* Went to Tucano's with the Bassetts (YUM!!!!!!)
* Bought a delicious caramel apple @ Rocky Mtn. Chocolate Factory
* Packed up and came home to Rexburg!

We had a wonderful time celebrating our birthdays with family and close friends. It's kinda nice going to Utah because it seems like most everyone I know ends up there at some point. It was great to see people I hadn't seen in years and to be with my family. I wish we could have spent more time, but vacation is never long enough. Thanks to everyone who made this another wonderful birthday!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Elise(and nate) so its nearly midnight-John's at work and I'm perusing facebook-and stumble upon this. happy times! How are things? While you guys are in limbo-if you get bored drive to OR okay? Seriously I would love that. I'm glad you guys had great birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and I made my blog private so if you want an invite email me at njmwin at hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete