I swear that someday soon I will put pictures on this blog. It's kind of embarassing that I haven't figured that out yet. I haven't updated pictures on Facebook since my wedding 2 1/2 years ago, so I guess it's no surprise.
Anyways, I thought I would share the goings-on of our latest adventures. Nate and I moved from Rexburg to South Jordan, UT on September 8th so we could save on some rent until we foud out what was going on with this job in Colorado. Nate got a job offer, but it was contingent on a contract that was taking forever to get through the legal process of everything. In the meantime, Nate has been working for the company from home, and I have been my mom's "personal assistant", helping her make decisions on finishing the basement, can peaches, and other fun stuff. I think I've convinced her to paint the kitchen red, too- although I'm sad we'll be leaving before I see that happen.
We thought we'd be in Utah for 2 weeks, and it has been a month. It has been really nice because we have been able to catch up with friends and family while we've been here. Nate's brother Jake is going to school in Orem, so we have been able to hang out with him pretty much every weekend. I'll be sure to post pictures of our adventures with him. It has also been nice to be with my family again because my little brother and sister are still growing up, and I haven't been home for 5 years to see it. My sister Corinne is at that horrible age of 15 going on 16, and it's been fun to get close with her again and see the world through her eyes. It's so crazy how things we thought would ruin our lives in our teenage years are the least of our worries now. It has also been fun to get closer to my 18-yr old brother Alex and see how the family dynamic has significantly changed from my youth. Even though it has been hard not being on our own and having our own place anymore, we have really enjoyed the time we have spent in Utah.
I have spent the past couple weeks making crazy big decisions with Nate. We have decided to get an apartment sight unseen (Nate's aunt checked it out for us, though) and hopefully we can drive to Denver on Saturday and move in on Monday. That will be an adventure in and of itself because Nate has to work, so we will be moving in the evenings when he comes home. Yay. I am so excited. Not. Oh well, hopefully we will get in and get settled, I will find a job, and we can live happily ever after. Woohoo! This is one crazy ride!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay you guys! hey elise I got your fb message and I will email you with an invite to our blog once I finally come up with your email. I'm sure you're not too worried about it since you have all that other stuff going on. Moving can be fun but super stressful too. Have fun in CO I think you will love it there.
ReplyDelete