Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Week With Corinne

This past week my little sister Corinne came to Denver for the stay-at-home EFY program. Nate was able to drop her off at 9 am and then we would pick her up at 9 pm. It was so much fun having her here, although I am now terrified of ever having a teenage daughter! I literally got no sleep- I would stay up with her at night while she told me her adventures of the day, and then we would get up at 5:30 in the morning to go running to help her condition for cross country. (I am such a good sister). I was also fearful for my potential future of being a parent to teenage children when I had to come up with a curfew for her. She came out here not knowing a soul and on the first day was asking if she could hang out with some people after the day's events. I guess that's a side-effect of moving so much- us Lingard kids make friends FAST! I told her she could stay out until midnight, but then I started thinking and got scared. I don't know the people she's going to be with, I don't know where she's going, I don't know if they are safe drivers, and I know I won't be able to sleep until she is back home...yikes! All of a sudden my parents' oppressing rules when I was a teenager made perfect sense. Thankfully she was safe and in good hands and didn't go too far. 


It was so fun having Cori here. My parents drove up on Friday night to spend the weekend with us and pick her up and they are driving back to UT today. Cori, my dad, Nate and I saw the final Harry Potter movie on Saturday morning. Cori insisted we draw scars on our foreheads, so I busted out my eyeliner and did the honors. The only problem is I did mine on the wrong side since I was looking in a mirror. Oops. Cori was so excited and yelled "YAY!" in the first few minutes of the movie, and when the theme song started, she started clapping and got the whole theater going! I love her. She honestly started crying before it even began because she was so excited and so sad it was the last one. It was so funny! After the movie we hung out with my parents at our apartment and then Nate and I headed to Denver with my parents while Cori went to a dance with her man-crush from EFY. We went to bd's mongolian barbeque. If you have never been there, it is the greatest! I think it may be my dad's favorite restaurant. After that we walked around the 16th Street Mall and then headed home for some ice cream. We got a call from Cori that she got kicked out of the dance for wearing shorts, so we had to come to her rescue and bring her some pants. It was funny. We then went to Coldstone and got some delicious ice cream. While we were eating our decadent desserts, Queen' Bohemian Rhapsody was playing and I went a little crazy. I ♥ that song. It is and will always be one of my favorites. I started singing and didn't care what people thought. I may have embarrassed my family forever, but I was belting it out as loud and as proud as I could. I even nearly fell out of my chair with an awesome air guitar routine. Thankfully, Nate and my mom saved me :) It was most choice.


That was the end of our awesome weekend and the awesome week with Cori. I love her so much! She was 11 when I left home so I feel like I missed out on her growing up. It is so much fun when we can spend a lot of time together so I can catch up on what I've missed out on in her life. She wants to live with us and I would not object! She is so cute and fun and I love having her as a little sister. Nate doesn't have any little sisters, so he has officially adopted her as his little sister. He teases her and pulls pranks on her. It is so funny to watch. I will miss her!



1 comment:

  1. This makes me miss my sisters! How fun!! :) Also I am OBSESSED with BD's Mongolian BBQ. Miss the one in Ann Arbor SO much.

    ReplyDelete