Nate officially quit his job and I can honestly say it has been great! He has been feeling a lot better and is in a much better mood. I love it. He has been on a mad hunt for a new one, but I have also told him to enjoy this time that he has. He has taken a day every week to go fishing and relax outside in the nice summer weather. His parents bought him a pontoon boat for graduation, so I am glad that 2 years later he has finally gotten some use out of it : ) It has also been great for me because he can do all the errands while I'm at work. I haven't been dreading all the things I have to do when I get home because it is done! I love it, and I am almost dreading the day he gets another job :(
We have had to start being more frugal since we are only living on my income, but we have truly been blessed already. Our biggest expense is our rent- and living in Denver is not cheap. Our spare room flooded when we had a rainstorm last month. It was the 5th time this has happened. I started to get really mad at our apartment complex because they have been telling us for the past 2 years that they are going to fix it, but we have seen absolutely nothing. When Nate told them it had flooded again, they cut our next month's rent in half. What a blessing in disguise! Nate and I talked about it and I know this is not a coincidence, but a true blessing from our Heavenly Father in our time of need. I now rejoice when it rains and hope our apartment will flood again in time for next month's rent to be reduced :)
I know Nate will find another job, and I hope it will be something he loves. I like it so much more when he is happy. We are truly happier now even with severely reduced income, and I hope he finds something that will allow him to have a work/life balance and continue to be happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment