As of yesterday, Nate has officially quit his job. This, my friends, is going to be quite an adventure. I am scared but excited at the same time.
I am glad he quit his job. It was putting a lot of stress on him and was affecting him (and me)24/7. The hours were insane- who wants to wake up at 4 am and come home at 7 pm? He was getting completely worn out and it was taking a toll. I pretty much stopped talking to him on the weekdays because he was a living zombie and wouldn't remember our conversations. We only ever really got to hang out on Saturday because after church on Sundays he would get depressed and anxious with the thought of going back to work on Monday. He also talked in his sleep a LOT. While it was fun to mess with him when this happened (I considered buying a tape recorder to document his outbursts), it freaked me out a little.
I am so excited to have my husband back!!! He has been a shell of himself for so long, I feel like he's been gone for over a year. Hopefully his next job will be better for him and for our family. I don't care how long it takes, I just want him to find something that will make him happy and allow him to have a healthy work/life balance.
I'm obviously concerned about finances, but I know that we will be fine. Nate is a crazy determined person, so I have no doubt that he will find something soon. It has been fun living on a budget. I feel like we appreciate things more and we are finding more creative ways to have fun together. We bought a puzzle and have been working on it at night. I forgot how fun puzzles can be! We have also stopped eating out as much and exercise more! Nate never had the energy to go running with his last job, so it is a nice change to have someone to motivate me to work out.
The few lifestyle changes we have had to make haven't been that bad. I hope that we can keep up these habits after Nate has found another job. I am excited for this adventure we find ourselves in even though it is a little scary. I guess all we can really do is hope and pray for the best and see what happens!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment